Thursday, December 16, 2010

Surprise!

I spoke with one of the translators my friend Fred yesterday. Near the end of our conversation he said to me, "Will you be here the 23rd?" Oh man! I wanted my trip to Haiti to be a surprise. I tried to play it off. I told him that I'd already been twice this year & why would I be coming again already? Then he said to me "Coi-Coo told Kinzey & he told me." I still tried to play it off & replied that I hadn't talked to Coi-Coo so I don't know why he would know something like that. To which Fred quickly informed me, "Gil told him." He had me there. So they know I am coming & that I am bringing my husband. I was the one who ended up with the surprise.

Less than 1 week to go & lots to do. You may be sick of hearing this but I am just completely overwhelmed by everyones generosity. Let me be blunt & say there is NO WAY we could have made it to Haiti on our own.

We are busy planning things to teach the kids about hygiene, relationships, expressing their feelings, and of course about our LOVING GOD! I hope to learn about their Christmas & New Years Traditions, to comfort them on the 1 year anniversary of the terrible earthquake that tore apart their lives, and to show them that they are loved everyday. I really am going to try to connect to the internet while I am there so that I can upload pictures & give you more detail then 1 txt message length. Bear with me...I am not the best writer, editor, or punctuation master, and I dont always express things clearly. I hope that I can give you a window into Leogane with what I say however I say it!

No comments:

Post a Comment