Saturday, January 8, 2011

Bon fet

Yesterday we were in Port Au Prince and bought 2 cakes for my birthday today. Luckily they survived until today. We had one at the boys orphanage & 1 at the girls. It was very fun. My husband Rodrigo left me a present with Josh who lives next door(as in the other half of the container we call home). Rebecca(my roommate/other half that I share all things with) made me balloons with words written on them about things she likes about me. For example "You are strong willed because you gave up tv for Haiti even though you love tv" and "you let us keep 1,000,000,000 wet & dirty bins of clothes in your house for a week" and "I love you but not in a romantic way" fun stuff.

The whole birthday thing was crazy for me because I am such a present person...so I was worried that I would be a little sad. I wasn't at all. All the great YWAM people were very cheery & wishing me well. The kids told me Happy Birthday all day. Great day! I wanted to post pictures but they won't load.

No comments:

Post a Comment