Thursday, January 6, 2011

I will try to briefly update everything.

Sunday-I don’t remember what if anything I said about Sunday, but it was a great day so I want to fill in more info. We started out on our own with Junior in Leogane & met Bob in Carrfour(sp?) we then headed to “Port Au Prince Fellowship” which is an English speaking church in the Delmas area. On my previous trip I had also come here. It was so needed. We sang A LOT of songs which I loved but I think the boys were not all that excited by them. Except choir boy Josh. I was very excited to see the Livesays there. If you don’t know who they are be sure to google Livesay Blog & read all about them. I hope to get to see their ministry while I am in Haiti. After church we headed to the hotspot my favorite Epidor & enjoyed pizza, French fries, coke that had a hint of grape Fanta, and ICE CREAM. It was MAGIC! After that we made a quick stop at Bobs house to pick up his swim shorts then we headed to the “famous” Wahoo Beach. It took FOREVER to get there. When we arrived we learned it was $10 US per person. We did not want to pay that much. So we went next door where we were charged $1 US instead of 25g which is like $0.65 because we were white. I inappropriately asked if we got a discount for the 2 haitians. We didn’t lol. I borrowed Corine & Rivers goggles & found a green starfish.

Older Girls- The older girls who were mad at me wrote me a letter. In Kreyol. No compren. So our translator Jean had a sit down with all of us. He read the letter to me first. I thought I could hold it together, but they said I treat them like dogs. So I cried. I literally told them no one time & they freaked out on me. I think they just don’t like to be told no. So I explained to them that I love them very very much. I just don’t want them to hurt themselves or others so I tell them no. I explained that it is hard because I only know “piti piti” kreyol that I can only say no, and can offer no explanation. An older girl Nadine told me she didn’t feel that I loved her…which made me cry a lot because I do love her. When they saw me cry some of them started to cry. At that point Jesula offered some words to me. I was very touched as she rarely speaks & when she does it is very short. She talked at great length about how the kids do need discipline & that she herself has received letters like I had. She also told me she knows that the kids love me because they tell her. That really touched my heart. Anyway all is back to normal now. We’ve been playing uno together, and today I braided Roberlines hair into a mowhawk. They were impressed that this “blan” can braid 

Yesterday- Started slow….dragged on in fact. Then some exciting things happened. We got another container. This one is red so we have some Haiti colors going on! After that we along with the AWESOME YWAM(Youth With A Mission) people who are staying across the street took the kids to the beach. It was actually quite a process with preparation. We had to go to the store to get bread, ham, & spread. Then to another store to get dlo(water) for all the kids along with ice. Then we headed to the beach in Gressier. The beach owner wanted to charge us $10 US per person. We had about 100 people. Luckily Jean is a fantastic negotiator and got us all in for 2000gds or $50 US. We had an AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME day. Sooo much fun. I impressed the kids with my underwater somersault skills. Haha. I could do 3 in 1 breath. 1 boy Jacky did 2 in 1 breath.

Plan for the days ahead....we will pick up Becca & 2 other people from the airport, site see, and return home. Saturday is my bday! I will try to get cake for everyone. Sunday we will return to the English church. Also sadly Saturday our YWAM friends leave us. Thats all for now.

Roberline, Ketiane, Carline, Yolande, Yveline, & Charley are here with me & say BONSWA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment