Saturday, January 15, 2011

More random stories

I'm a bigtime driver these days! I have driven to Carrefour 2 times now. Its pretty scary stuff. Very stressful. So crazy in fact that it makes me want to go to sleep immediatly when I retun to the container.

As I said previously we got some test results for Charley & Rodriguez(they tell me a different spelling EVERYday). Vanessa has gotten tired & overwhelmed by caring for Charley so Becca & I have set up some different care for our special little man. He & the 2 piti piti girls Wichmie & Kimberlie will be taken care of by the loving, caring, responsible Yveline. None of you probably know her. She is semi new. I first met her in September & could instantly tell she was special. Jean shared a story about her with us. She has been wanting to go to nursing school & was looking for an opportunity to do so. She had grown weary of waiting & wanted to leave Dezman Fleury. Jean & Gil convinced her an opportunity would arise & to be patient. Ta da! Opportunity! For her care Extollo will assist with her education. God doesnt make mistakes! On the note of care for little people...we have spent a lot of money on hospital visits & medications. I would really like everyone to take a minute to consider donating to Extollo International to help cover these costs. Not only for medical care but for extra food for the kids & better care.

Last night we had hot dogs for dinner. Becca & I saw a big package on the street & thought it would be a good idea. We foolishly didnt count & after I got the kids cheering "tout moun youn" which is like everybody gets 1...we discover everybody gets 2/3 which doesnt translate well. LOL. Here to cook hot dogs you boil oil & throw them in...after washing them in an old dirty wipes container :) One fell on the ground so we washed it in the rain. It didnt work to well but we put it back in the oil anyway. So because we promised 1 to all we went to Leogane today to buy more.

Emmanuel, Becca, & I rode the tap tap to Leogane. Becca had to sit on my lap. Because Becca is so "sexy"(the Haitians word for skinny) her "sexy " butt was digging in my leg. Anywho we survive the ride. The tough part was walking through the market. It was super muddy & slippery. Some man grabbed Beccas arm & another told me to kiss him & kept walking towards me. CRazy Crazy. After our market adventure we headed to my favorite breadstore where they sell the coldest drinks in Leogane. 1 freezing cold bottle of coke 25 gourdes- a little more than .50! We then walked by a salon & asked how much it would cost to get our hair in rollers..it would be 500 gourdes! Not too bad I guess. We then rode a tap tap back to the boys orphanage and wandered to the lovely air conditioned internet cafe!

Like I said before we only have a short time left. I'm actually getting pretty sad about leaving. As I type this I'm getting all teary eyed. Mwen renmen Ayiti....mwen renmen fanmi m'yo ki an Ayiti.

PS...everyone now says I speak GWO Kreyol!!! That means BIG! yaya. I have spent 2 months in Haiti now I gotta pick something up right?

OK love you all for reading...bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment